Mummy is fixing something special for dinner tonight…not for us doggies, but for just her! It smells sooooo good, I think you should try it!
Pork Chops & Field Peas
1 (16 ounce) package of frozen field peas, thawed
1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
6 (1-inch thick) pork chops
1/2 cup flour
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 large sweet Vidalia onion, sliced
1 (101/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
4 cups cooked rice
1. Place the peas in a lightly greased slow cooker.
2. Combine the mustard, salt and garlic powder and sprinkle over the chops…then dredge each chop in the flour.
3. In a large frying pan, cook 3 of the pork chops in the oil over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes, or until a golden brown…then turn and cook on the other side until browned. Remove pork chops and place them in the bottom of a slow cooker.
4. Do the same with the remaining pork chops.
5. Saute the onion slices in the hot drippings from the pork chops for about 8-10 minutes over medium heat until tender. Add the chicken broth and cook for a few more minutes, scraping the pan to remove any yummy bits of pork from the bottom.
6. Spoon the onion mixture over the pork chops and field peas in your slow cooker. If necessary, you can add a little more chicken broth or water. Cover and cook on low heat for about 6 hours.
Serve over your cooked rice….oh…so….good! This is a true Southern dish.